Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New Haven Food Trucks

I love foods from food trucks. So simple yet so delicious! I'm lucky to have a food truck pow-wow so close that I could drive over when I can't decide that kind of food I want to eat.  I didn't take too many pictures this time because I was too hungry and just went straight for the Vietnamese food cart.


Yes they have pho there, and from what my friend tells me, it's pretty good! I'll have to get it next time because there are no decent pho restaurants in the area.  My co-worker got the pho with steak.  It comes in a large plastic soup container and it a decent amount of food.


I got the grilled chicken vermicelli.  A bed of lettuce and veggies, rice noodles, grilled chicken, peanuts, and doused with fish sauce.  I had mentioned in my last post that I don't like fish that smell fishy.  And fish sauce is the fishiest you can get. But for some reason, i LOVE fish sauce! call me a hypocrite but oh well. fish sauce is the one exception to my rule.


the one picture i took of the alleyway of food trucks in front of yale hospital.  I should have taken advantage of this more often when i volunteered there. blegh.  missed opportunity.


There are probably more than 30-40 different food carts (i guess i wouldn't really call them trucks.. eh same diff.)  You could probably go around the world with the ethnic foods available walking through this alley.  Definitely coming back again.  Maybe ill try the "ethiopian/italian" cart :D

No comments:

Post a Comment