Friday, March 30, 2012

Sushi! Sushi! Sushi!

I'm a picky person when it comes to fish. If it smells fishy.. keep it away from me.  That's why I usually stay away from cooked fish dishes just because it's so hard to find fish that is cooked well and doesn't have that ocean pee smell.. Raw fish, however, is in my top 5 favorite foods.  Good sashimi does not smell fishy at all, but fresh and clean.  Sashimi is the best way to have fish in my opinion.  Each fish has a distinct flavor and texture, the rich and buttery, yet very distinct, flavors of salmon and toro, the slight metallic flavor of red tuna, the chewy texture of octopus and squid.  I'm no sushi master, but I know what fish I like.

Usually "all you can eat" sushi restaurants don't have great quality fish, (learned from experience) probably due to the quantity of fish they must serve for a set price.  Sushi Palace in Orange is a pleasant change from the other sushi factories there are available out there.  The fish is fresh and their kitchen dishes aren't half bad either. I had a belly-busting satisfactory dinner there the other night with one of my friends. Embarrassed to say we only got to 2 plates of sushi and a couple side dishes.  OH! and another thing. I cannot eat sushi without the ginger.. just doesn't taste right.  Gotta cleanse the palate between each piece :)





Sushi Palace

538 Boston Post Rd
OrangeCT 06477

No comments:

Post a Comment