Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Personal sushi chef

My dad is not very social... doesn't have too many close friends since he doesn't like to leave the house.. but the friends he does have are very very cool people! One, for example, is a sushi chef! and he wanted to thank us for feeding him at our house multiple times a week by making us our favorite sushis at our house!


Our sushi chef at work.


I tried to get my family to wait to eat until he finished making all the sushis so I could take a full picture.. but that failed and they started nibbling.. my fave = yellowtail. my mom's fave = uni. bro and dad's fave = salmon and yellowtail. so that's all we got and we were all soooo happy! there were more plates not shown here.

ALSO!! my mom went to hartford with a friend today for something or another... but point of this is that there is the ONE good vietnamese restaurant of CT and it is 45-50 min away near hartford and my mom knows I love vietnamese food so she brought home PHO! :D best day ever!! sushi and pho for dinner!


we even had the authentic big bowls (or at least similar bowls that you see at the viet restaurants) to eat out of. yum yummm..

best day ever..

3 comments:

  1. stamford has some good yuppie high-end restuarants..you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. depends on how cheap/expensive you wanna go!
    In the main downtown area (Summer Street, where they have Live at 5's on Thursdays), there are alot of great restaurants. If I had to recommend you my favorites:
    1) Dragonfly Lounge: Amaaazing tapas. The ambiance is like you're inside of a gothic cathedral, it's pretty cool!
    2) Barcelona: Also amazing tapas, but not as amazing as Dragonfly. The interior is sleek and Manhattan-esque, but not as unique as Dragonfly
    3) Chinese Mirch: It's opened by Indians and they specialize in "Chinese-inspired Indian Cuisine"....it's very savory..definitely unique

    If you want Italian, there's a place called ZaZa....a nice French brunch place (super quaint!) is called Oo La La....

    In general, the rstaurants on Summer street are all pretty good haha...When I first started working at GE, we checked out alot of things in that area~

    ReplyDelete