Friday, June 1, 2012

Meigas in Norwalk

So I had the pleasure of getting a call from a friend who had a groupon that was expiring soon and wanted to grab dinner. It was at this tapas restaurant Meigas in Norwalk, CT. Bit of a drive for me but totally worth the trip. I got to see my bestie S. and I had some delicious food.

With a glass of Albariño La Caña white wine, I was ready to eat. We ordered 2 tapas plates and 1 entree plate.




Sorry the picture is so blurry. This was one of the best dishes I have ever eaten.. Vieiras a la Meigas was a scallop dish with roasted beets, orange guacamole and mango vinaigrette. The scallops were like butter! So smooth and the dish a perfect balance of creamy and acidity. Definitely would get this again.




Piquillos de Pato was a duck confit and rice mixture stuffed into a roasted piquillo pepper. The stuffed pepper itself was just ok. Couldn't really taste the duck but the sauce was delish. I cleaned the plate up of the sauce with the garlic bread that the waitress would keep bringing out nonstop. This garlic bread is not what is normally pictured when one thinks garlic bread. It is a loaf of soft white bread with whole cloves of garlic baked throughout the bread. You would break the bread and see a garlic clove sticking out at you. Oh so yummy. So second tapas dish was just okay. I would consider it more of a side dish to my bread :)





S. and I were planning on sharing each of the dishes, including the entree. So for our third dish we ordered the Cochinillo de Segovia which is suckling pig, potato gratin and apricot puree.

When the waiter brought out this dish, he actually brought out 2 plates of what is pictured above. We told the waiter that we had only ordered 1 of this dish, not one for each of us.. and he says, "oh no, this is just one entree. I split it into 2 plates so it is easier to share." awwww :D i love this guy! and there was so much food too! I could have eaten just the "split" plate as an entree! one day soon I will go back and see how big an actually entree looks on 1 plate.

back to the food. The suckling pig was divine! the skin was crispy, yet the fat underneath was melt-in-your-mouth juicy. The potatoes and spinach were a nice compliment. apricot puree baby.. the touch of sweetness that paired with the saltiness of the pork and vegetables perfectly. i was in heaven.

I had a perfect dinner with great food, great drinks, and great company. It also just so happened that the day we went to dinner, groupon was offering another groupon for this restaurant. I bought it immediately :) Anyone wanna join me for round 2 this summer?

<3

Meigas Restaurant
10 Wall Street
Norwalk, CT 06850

No comments:

Post a Comment