Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm the biggest loser!

You are talking to a slimmed down kangarooo :D.  At work, we did a company-wide biggest loser competition where everyone who wanted to participate paid $10 and we weighed in on 1/9/12.  Due to the wide range of body types and sizes, we made it so that 2 people who lost the highest percentage of their initial weight would win the prize money.  This made sense because it's easier for a heavier person to lose 10lbs than it is for a lighter person to lose 10lbs. It might not even be healthy to lose that much if you are lighter in the first place.  So after a month of salad lunches and going to the gym for hours on end.. I WON! It was only $80 in winnings but still makes me feel awesome. Won some money, lost some weight. I lost 4.7% of my weight in 30 days.  Second place was 4.3% even though counting pounds he lost more overall.  I'm proud of all of my coworkers working hard to become healthy together, motivating each other (though at one point there was some sabotage going on.. leaving jars of nutella or chocolate bars on people desks as "gifts") but regardless congrats to everyone.  We lost a total of 44 pounds combined! yay CPC!  And now we go out for chinese food buffet for lunch.... x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment